Thursday, October 28, 2010

Ready for the Wedding Day!

Part IV

The front of the finished gown, before Becky added flowers and little rhinestone beads.


Tiny elastic loops to close the covered buttons:




The upper bodice is carefully hand stitched to the original dress, a flange of fabric on the inside to neatly finish the edge. Hidden between layers, I used a piece of light plastic boning across the front neckline to keep it smooth.


I had exactly enough scallops of lace left from re-hemming the dress with the shorter train to trim the neckline! I think the lace really helps tie together the new with the original.


Becky always envisioned little satin buttons down the back of her wedding gown. I used them to close the new upper bodice, and over the zipper at the waistline to blend the two parts together.


To see some beautiful pictures of the wedding day, including the delicate fabric flowers that Becky created and lovingly stitched to her gown, check Lydia Photography Blog

I'm hoping to get a few more pictures up here of the finished dress on Becky, but we are having technical difficulties...

2 comments:

Liz said...

Angela,
I've been enjoying your posts on Becky's wedding dress :) Thanks for sharing! It truly turned out lovely!
<3

** Julie ** said...

Ms. Angela,
I really enjoy reading your posts on the progress of Becky's wedding dress. You did an incredible job!! :-)